Skip to main content

How It began....

Today i'm going to give you a poem from one of my favorite books.


Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
               Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone
Nine for the Mortal Men doomed to die,
        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie,
             One Ring to rule them all,One Ring to find them,
 One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
 In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie. 

   


That is the poem at the beginning of the master piece....The Lord Of The Rings.

by J.R.R Tolkien 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to shock your friends with a balloon

Hello. Today we are doing a small science project that will be fun and you could even use it as a magic trick. Here is all you will need: balloon pencil bath towel drinking cup  What you do is, blow up the balloon and put the cup up side down, set the pencil on the edge of the cup, then take the towel and balloon and rub them together for about ten seconds, hold the balloon close to the pencil and watch the magnetism take affect as the pencil slowly inches closer to the balloon. I hope you enjoy this small project. If you have any questions or please leave them in the comments below.  

With knowledge comes great power.

This painting, in my mind, is trying to show that in books comes knowledge. And with that knowledge great empires can be built. But let me say that the fall of many great peoples was not because of the lack of knowledge, but the lack of how to use that knowledge in accord with wisdom.      

Beginning in clarity.

Readers, I'm back! After a long break from blogging here I have decided to come back with a little something to share. It's been three years, so I guess I'll give you a short update on what I've done all this time: School... School and writing... and also karate, lots of karate. But today we'll be focusing on the "school" part. As part of my school curriculum I have been required to read a list of books, either high-bred fiction or great history. The reading of great literature has been a big part of my life, and had a beautiful influence. And the most recent of these that I've read was The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Thus, because of how it influenced me, this story will be our topic of discussion. And for the sake of us both we shall refer to it as merely as Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was written in 1885 by Robert Louis Stevenson, and to this day remains one of the greatest works of art we have. Yes, I d...